Sleepless Nights Header

1/20/12

Sexy & I know it

On December 29th my BEST friend Clint of 6 years came to stay with us for what we thought would be 6 days, but on the 4th day we decided that 6 days was not long enough. Instead of going home January 4th we decided the 13th would be better, but that day did not work either which I will explain later in this post. After all the plane ticket switches he ended up going home on the 15th.

The 18 days while he was he was a blast! 

Clint flew into Chicago O'hare Airport. The drive to get him that was  by far very interesting. After about 4 hours being in the car, a whole box of gerber fruit snacks, 2 airports, 1 bathroom break, an hour in the airport to find him, a half hour to find our car & one stop for lunch on the way home. We made it back to our home sweet home!


Once we got home we had a mini christmas. We gave Clint a couple gifts & Clayton some gifts we saved for him to open while Clint was here.







Later that night after some time of relaxing/hanging out we went to NINJA(Japanese Steakhouse)


Clint showing of his new watch.
 The next few days were just filled with relaxation and random things.


 Since Clint is our Best man in the wedding at we were not sure when he would be back we took him & one of our other groomsmen(pete) to get fitted for the TUX.
Next was new years & this was by far one of the best new years I have ever had. Yeah, we didnt do much just had a quiet party at our house, but I got to share it with my closest friends/family & that is all I need to have a GOOD TIME.










I thought the start of the new year would be fantastic for my family & I . Brock & I will be getting married, Clay will be turning 2 in just about 5 months & just an overall sweet new year for my son, moving & so much more, but instead God had a different plan. We started the new year with some shopping & some time at my parents house & the movies.





Our group picture

Our stylish new hats


At the movies.
Clayton also had his 18month check up. Usually I love his check ups. I love seeing how big he is getting and how fast he is changing. Except this visit was not a happy one they usually tell you how healthy your kid is & how everything looks great. This time was filled with tears & heartache for me.
Clayton- Weight- 30lbs Height 2ft 10 1/2 inches. Still tall & growing fast. His health on the other hand was not what we expected. The doctor told us he needed tubes in his ears we knew that was coming so no big deal to that one. Our doctor also told us that it was time for Clay to see a GI specialist at Childrens Hospital. Clay has been struggling with blood in his stool for quite awhile & it was time to see a specialist. Clay has so far gotten the tubes in & the procedure went great Clay did awesome & the outcome of the surgery was amazing he is doing so much better.





Don't you  just love his outfitt for his surgery? haha
Oh yes, if your wondering where that cute lil penguin came from that Clay is sitting next to in the chair. We took him to build a bear a few days before he was going to get tubes in his ears.









Next we took Clint to the PIZZA RANCH. Clints all time favorite food is pizza so we decided what better place to take him then the PIZZA RANCH.






One of the last fun things we did with Clint while he was here is we went tubing. I didn't get pictures of us tubing or a picture of Brock with us tubing since he came later and met up with us there.
Here is the one that i took just minutes before our adventure took place that night.(p,s tubing was before clays ear procedure but I simply forgot to put the tubing before Clay's stuff .
Tubing was a blast my sisters came along and the night started out amazing.( clay stayed at his auntie kari's house) What we thought would be an epic night turned into a not so amazing night. We all landed in the ER room. Don't worry it was not all of us who got hurt & it was not because of tubing.
After about 8x down the tubing hill I started to have sharp pain in my stomach & it ended up getting worse and worse. Clint took me to the ER & Brock/the girls went to go get Clay. After a few hours in the ER we found out I had kidney stones, I ended up getting an IV and some pain medication and was sent home. P.S I think I had the record of how many family members/ friends showed up in the ER room just for me being there about 2 an half hours. ha!
The rest of the time Clint was here we spent it gaming( mainly JUST DANCE & DANCE CENTRAL 2 on the KINECT) shopping, hanging out & RELAXING. The relaxing was about the last week he was here we all got sick :( Brock, Clint & Clay got really bad colds & I had a bad cold with kidney stones. We did not do much the last few days he was here & I was also unable to take him to the airport so Brock went alone. While my sister Grace took care of me and clay.
Here are pics from random times of when Clint was here !



















Sexy & I know it. Ha we loved that song

The 18 days with Clint was AMAZING & we miss him dearly! He should be returning to WI within a month or so we are hoping!

Also just a lil more about Clayton( Lil One -clint calls him that-) He has seen the GI specialist and after a ton of blood tests, stool tests, & xrays he is going to be getting a Colonoscopy & Endoscopy Thursday Jan 26th. I will keep you posted with his health updates!
I'm still dealing with kidney stones.
So please keep clay & I in your prayers
Sorry for the long post, but I guess it makes up for the time that I have been away.
p.s once again. I got a haircut! its short!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

so glad you go to spend quite a bit of time with your best friend...

sorry about the health news though! praying for you, your family, and your son...hope you all feel better soon and get everything figured out!